Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ba'o lu.m

Wednesday October 24, 2007 - 08:31pm (PDT)

I was doing laundry, down in the laundry room, of course, when I found a box of magazines that someone threw out. Guess what was in there? Metal Maniacs with Opeth, and Unrestrained with Dark Tranquillity on the covers. Both of them are pretty old, 2005 issues, but who cares, I haven't read them yet. Whoever threw that out, I want to know him/her!

The Metal Maniacs magazine got one of the most hilarious photo of Opeth I've ever seen, besides the "highschool boys" one, of course. Wanna see? Here it is ! It's not so clear, I know, but look at Peter's posture LOL!!!!!!!

The image “http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/6663/p2010082yf6.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Damn I miss Peter!!!

Some other funny Opeth-y shits I found in the mag:

"I didn't think I was into children, but now when I see a kid, I'm all gooey." - Mike A.

Now I see what SW meant when he said Mike didn't know the song titles til the very last minutes before the release, cause apparently, he used to call "The baying of the hounds" as "Uriah Heep", "Beneath the Mire" as "The Russian", and "The Grand Conjuration" as "Evil Frost" LOL

The original pressing of Orchid featured a blue disc print. Peter Lindgren on the mysterious blue disc: "We wanted the orchid on the CD, but the CD plant told Lee Barrett it wouldn't fit, so he had to come up with sth else. So, he chose blue. When we received the CD, we were like, 'it's fucking blue!' " LOL, I actually laughed out loud!


No comments:

Post a Comment