Sunday, July 5, 2009

Still sick

Sunday September 7, 2008 - 03:04pm (PDT)

...that I have to take a day off work. Together with my history of being a slacker, I'm sure this has raised some questions whether I'm really sick, which I am, so bugger off !

Thanks to my work schedule on Sat, I had to leave the show early on Friday night (early as in 'before the show ends' or early morning 'cause it was 12:30 and Mogwai was only halfway through their set). I guess I can use that as my excuse not to review the show but more of the 'experience'. 1st of all, the sound at the club was totally shit. The bass sounded like a bunch of mud and don't even get me started on guitars. It was like listen to a shitty demo on a shitty stereo, let's just put it that way. Having said that, it worked fairly fine with Fuck Buttons' set since their stuff mainly involves noise, distorted vocals and drums (which sound alright in both sets by the miracle of God). I'd heard of this band before but this was the first time I 'encountered' their music, which I think would appeal to those who like (heavily) processed meat, I mean music. Don't expect guitar solo or beautiful melodies!

Mogwai, whom I came to see, didn't get on stage until some time close to midnight, which didn't make any fucking sense 'cause according to their website, they were waiting eternally for the show, too. My only explanation is that the club must have stretched it so that they can make more money on selling alcohol to people who have nothing else to do while waiting. Fuck them! So the result is as I said, I had to leave halfway through if I want to drag my ass to work the next day. The only thing I can remember now is after a fairly mellow number, a guy from the band stood up and said with his Scottish accent "Could the people who are jumping about in their moshpit please stop annoying the people around you, this is not a Green Day concert”. I couldn't help but (quietly) clapped my hands hearing that said. Moshpits are as stupid as..., nah, I can't think of anything, it must be the most stupid thing to do at concerts.

One more thing, which has nothing to do with music, is that I finally realized how small Victoria is. I must have seen/met/talked to 60% of the crowd at the show that night. God I gotta get outta here!

---------------------------------------------------

Next, Opeth in Vancouver next month. Praying to God there won't be any incident, please just let me enjoy the show !!!

---------------------------------------------------

So after goth, punk and emo, we now have indie and hipster to join the crew, yerk ! You know what, one day I will unite all those shits, and have a "sub-culture" named after mine, only they have to barf at themselves. Wanna join?

---------------------------------------------------

Updated:

Found some photos of the show

Fuck Buttons

The image “http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3231/2836543601_b951a0961b_o.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


The image “http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3283/2837378462_186dc7497b_o.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The image “http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/2837378594_a7434e1fd0_o.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.



Mogwai

The image “http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3206/2837435550_a9c06d1186_o.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


No comments:

Post a Comment