Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dreams

Ah, the first entry here that's actually posted on the day it's written.

It struck me around a week ago (somehow the thought of marking down the exact date just slipped away from my mind, not that it really matters, it'd just make this look more like a diary entry), in the middle of the night, and I figured out what's behind our dreams. Not their meanings though, if that's where you're going. What I mean is, I figured out why dreams are often so absurd. It was the strangest experience trying to think while you're half asleep. Those thoughts, in daylight, would be shut tightly inside my brain as easily as holding rocks with my hand. At night though, it's like trying to keep sand from running through your fingers.

Anyway, here's what I came up with. Each of our thoughts/emotions/events/predictions/fears/etc. is stored in tiny little dices and every face represents a specific detail, like ppl's names or faces. If you're a happy person, you'd have about a thousand dices of joy, about the same amount of hope, and say maybe a handful of sorrow. If you're anything like me, the melancholy's compartment would be the most fertile. So what would happen every night, only the moment you're about to fall asleep, is that someone would pick out a handful of dices from your little head, like how one picks different veggies to make a soup, roll them and there's a dream already cooked up for you. That's my way of explaining why you would see your highschool friends at your elementary school, but the clothes they're wearing is from a Chinese movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment