Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fridays & a look into PT tour bus

Friday November 9, 2007 - 09:38pm (PST)

God I hate to go out when it's sunny !

----------------------------------------------

(added 6 hrs later)

Definition of 'Porcupine Tree junkie': One that collects/reads/buys/writes about/etc Porcupine Tree junk !

"Steven Wilson ate my mellotron!", so is called Adrian Holmes's tour diary. For those who are unfamiliar, he's the drum technician, merch. manager and what have you of the Tree since 2003, i.e. the guy who shoo-ed me out of the main hall at the show .

So here's the link to those of you who are interested. Again, I made my hyperlink kinda 'invisible' so just wander your cursor around anything sounds suspicious enough to take you to the "save link as" pop-up ().
The "article" (honestly it doesn't sound serious enough to be called 'article' but dude, we're reading a :cough:magazine:cough: ) offers a super fun reading, of course only if you're into PT not only musically but as human beings as well. One of the funniest parts is "The Exhibits" (read it and u'll see what I mean). Should I take that SW's Crew Quiz now? Ok...

Can you name all Genesis albums in order?
Ok, that's too much for a prog newbie!

Can you speak any Klingon/Dwarfish/etc?
Errr...yea, I can speak a little bit of Elvish, i.e. 4 lines from May It Be

How many times have u read The Lord of the Rings?
Twice! Plus a countless number of times of picking it up then return it to the library/bookshelves one week later . I did (finally) finish it though.

Have you ever created your own fantasy world and attempted to draw a map of it?
Tolkien created mine, and he also did the latter job for me so I didn't have to do anything .

Have you ever been in a band where one of the members wore a pair of jester's trousers?
Yea, that was me...

Do Mellotrons give you the horn?
Huh???

...........

Last but not least, the article () features one of the most...errr...I take that back! It has an adorable photo of SW that I swear I came across some time before. If you have, or know where it's located now, pleaseeeeee send me the link!!! (you = you-know-who) This is the kinda photo that would easily pull out a "AWWW!!!!" from a female fan . And I've been talking about this:

The image “http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/4000/dsc04370ci9.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Holding a present from Aviv like a treasure (now casting a meaningful glance back at Iris )

There's a whole bunch of other funny shits in Carbon Nation. I'll copy and put them up if you want me to. I know not many people are gonna reply to this blog if nobody at all, but whatever, this is my weekend entertainment.

-------------------------------------------------------------

(the fun part is over, time for some whining now)

I'm broke!!!! A camera seems to be a very distant dream now !!!!! Being a college student who works in a crappy store and a record/music-related shits freak at the same time is not easy at all, so kids, stay away from my path !!!!


Comments

Just downloaded the scans. Thanks ^^ Will try to read them maybe tomorrow I'm so tired now.. think I'm going mad with the English class.~x(
No I don't think have seen this picture before:( Even if I have, maybe it was too small for me to want to keep it. An innocent smiling face:) he looks so seduced by the gift (now I know the secret of the King of Tel Aviv, ha!!:D) I've watched the NYC live btw, getting used to these kinda things now I guess:P
I'm broke too, you're not alone in that! But you're still going to buy The Roundhouse Tapes right? Listen to Bleak, the "Devious movements in your eyes..." part, they're sooooo in need of the man!!!:)):x

No comments:

Post a Comment