Sunday, July 5, 2009

"Celebrity" Trivia, phase 2

Monday January 7, 2008 - 12:08am (PST)


176 magnify
Again, credits go to La Terre Des Immortels!

(artiste: Porcupine Tree, album: Lightbulb Sun, chanson: Shesmovedon)

Daniel Gildenlöw: It’s a rather good start... I would say a contemporary response to grunge and Soundgarden. Unfortunately the vocal is not as good as of Chris Cornell

-the lord : (after one minute) Time’s up. It’s Porcupine Tree!

Daniel Gildenlöw : I still haven’t heard anything from this group although it’s often recommended to me. I’ve really gotta try it out cause it’s getting embarassing at interview (laughs)! Anyways this extract sounds interesting but who knows the coming chorus might be real bad and ruin everything!

me: Screw you, Gildenlow!!!

(artiste: Coldplay, album: X&Y, chanson: Speed Of Sound)

-the lord : (seeing that he’s not recognizing it) They changed their sound... More popular.. Released in 2005... Hit single from a “hit” group... It’s Coldplay, Speed Of Sound.

Daniel Gildenlöw : I’ve heard this somewhere, on the radio for sure. I don’t really listen to radio but in public places lor the supermarkets it’s inevitable. In Belgium we were in a city where they even have speakers on the streets! It drove me nuts. As for Coldplay, it’s funny cause they recommended them to me as well. This song is good. I like the pop aspect. Most people have the wrong idea about what I listen and appreciate. They often think that I’d turn to prog and metal which happens in fact very rarely. In the end, I’m more likely to listen to Coldplay. My MP3 player contains very different stuff, from John Denver or Barbara Streisand to Meshuggah (<-- nice!). When I find sth that I really like I’d hold on to it.

(artiste: King Crimson, album: Vrooom Vrooom,

chanson: 21st Century Schizoid Man)

-the lord : (seeing that he cannot find it) It’s a different version of a quite legendary track. It’s a live from one of the pioneers in progressive rock...

Daniel Gildenlöw : I don’t see who it is but I don’t think it sounds very good. It’s no doubt a live album…. I hate the drummer!

-the lord : There are two drummers but also two bassists and two guitarists!

Daniel Gildenlöw : Ah that’s why! The only group that I know that had too many musicians is Iron Maiden. But clearly it’s not them.

-the lord : It’s King Crimson, 21st Century Schizoid Man!

Daniel Gildenlöw : Oh! I can’t believe I didn’t find out… I’m sorry King Crimson cause you made some really great stuff but this one is horrible. I like the song itself but not how it’s played here. When two drummers play together, they have to be really good to make it sound good. [...]

(haven't heard that version yet but I don't like this song (yet, maybe), I loveeee the rest of In The Court... though)

(artiste: Opeth, album: Damnation, chanson: Hope Leaves)

Daniel Gildenlöw : I love this intro. I hope it’s not going to be ruined… (the vocal starts) It’s a copy of a song by Alice Cooper. But which one?...Might As Well Be On Mars, a very good song by Alice […]. But this piece sounds just as good. Whos’ that?

-the lord : Opeth with their mellow album, Damnation. The sng is called Hope Leaves.

Daniel Gildenlöw : (very surprised) Ok! That was good, especially the vocal. I know their latest album about which I feel very mitigated (?). I know some ppl would have the same thought about PoS but to me, Opeth is typically the kind of band that can destroy their own songs with bad paragraphs. Some are purely horrible (On Ghost Reveries?? . Overall?? yea...). Sometimes you can have a hard time with death vocals; it’s not my case as long as it’s at the right place… I should listen to a band more before criticizing cause I didn’t listen to their last album very carefully. Sometimes even when I really like a song but it got some part that I don’t appreciate, I’d skip it (laughs). I have thrown away quite a few guitar solos. I especially remember a song called High Enough of I can’t remember who anymore, the guitar solo was so bad it made me cry. It’s really bad to do that kinda thing but oh well…

(artiste: System Of A Down, album: Mezmerize, chanson: B.Y.O.B.)

Daniel Gildenlöw : One would say it’s Motörhead… Oh no, not at all (laughs)! It’s System Of A Down. I don’t really like their new album which I think this song is from. Toxicity had some lame stuff but also some killers[…]

*******************************************************

So there you go! Hope you found that amusing, 'cause I sooo did ! Now... Who wanna hear SW speak French??? (HERE!) or (HERE) I don't mean to be a snob but god, "ton francais EST mal!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment